Ensure your patients don’t have to choose between their prescriptions and other basic needs
A wide variety of organizations can donate to SIRUM, including health and assisted living facilities, pharmacies, hospitals, manufacturers, and wholesalers.
Health Facilities & Assisted Living
A wide range of health facilities, including skilled nursing facilities (SNFs) and assisted living facilities (RCFEs), are eligible to donate medication to benefit underserved patients. Using its simple technology platform, SIRUM quickly and easily matches surplus medications with patients in need.
Pharmacies & Hospitals
Manufacturers & Wholesalers
Advantages of Donating Through Sirum
- Enjoy comprehensive liability protection. Unlike other donation options, we ensure that both you & the recipients are completely protected by Good Samaritan laws.
- Tax deduction for each donation equal to the lesser of (1) the cost basis plus half the difference between cost and fair market value, and (2) twice the cost basis.
- Gain transparent, real-time insight into the location and status of donated medications, along with promptly generated itemized financial and record-keeping reports.
- Reduce destruction costs and environmental waste by making more efficient use of medications that would otherwise have expired and been dumped or incinerated.
- Retain direct control over which clinics receive your donations. Choosing your donation’s recipient enables you to mitigate any potential revenue cannibalization.
- Create opportunities for positive publicity and potentially stave off increased regulations and negative press as medication lifecycles come under increased scrutiny.