Last Updated 2012-02-20
PERSONAL INFORMATION COLLECTED
“Personally Identifiable Information” refers to information that allows us to identify you, including, but not limited to, your name, address, zip/postal codes, telephone number, organization name if applicable, e-mail address, and credit card number.
- At our Site, we collect Personally Identifiable Information when voluntarily submitted by you. You can have general access to our Site to browse pages describing our organization without providing any Personally Identifiable Information or being required to register at our Site.
- Online donations are processed by a third-party service provider and you should read the section below entitled “Links and Third Party Web Sites” and familiarize yourself with the privacy search::terms of all such non-SIRUM sites before using them.
HOW SIRUM USES INFORMATION COLLECTED
SIRUM uses the information collected to provide the services offered on the Site.
(i) If you request information from SIRUM or make a donation to SIRUM, we may add your e-mail address or other contact information to our mailing list and contact you from time to time. You may elect to opt-out of receiving communications other than those relating to a specific query or communications relating to a specific medicine/medical supply donation made by or to you by
- following the instructions in “How to Request Changes or Opt-Out of Future Communications” (below),
- checking appropriate opt-in or opt-out boxes which may be provided on the registration form and profile page, or
- as set forth in the communication sent from SIRUM, such as a follow-up e-mail.
(ii) We will use the Personally Identifiable Information you submit:
- to send you materials or information that you have requested,
- to notify you of other communications that may be of interest to you,
- to process donations, and
- as otherwise described in this Policy.
WHEN SIRUM DISCLOSES INFORMATION
Subject to applicable law, we may disclose your Personally Identifiable Information:
- to unaffiliated third parties, attorneys, accountants and advisors who provide SIRUM with assistance or advice or are under contract to perform services for or on behalf of SIRUM (collectively, “Service Providers”), and who are required to uphold and maintain our policies with respect to privacy and the treatment of your Personally Identifiable Information, provided that any access to such information will be limited to the purpose for which such information was provided to our Service Provider;
- if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with state and federal laws (such as U.S. Copyright law) or respond to a court order, judicial or other government subpoena, or warrant. In some cases we may make such disclosures without first providing notice to you.
- if SIRUM believes, in good faith, it is appropriate or necessary to take precautions against liability; protect SIRUM from fraudulent, abusive, or unlawful uses; to investigate and defend ourselves against any third-party claims or allegations; to assist government enforcement agencies; to protect the security or integrity of the Site; or to protect the rights, property, or personal safety of SIRUM, Site users, or others.
- In the event SIRUM is acquired by or merged with a third-party entity, we reserve the right, in any of these circumstances, to transfer or assign the information that we have collected from you as part of such merger, acquisition, sale, or other change of control.
LINKS AND THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
HOW TO REQUEST CHANGES AND OPT OUT OF FUTURE COMMUNICATIONS
If you would like to receive a copy of the Personally Identifiable Information we have received from you, please send a request to [email protected] or SIRUM, P.O. Box 19636, Stanford, CA 94309, USA, Attention: Database Administrator. If this information is incorrect or incomplete, please let us know, and we will correct or update it promptly. You may also ask us to remove your name and other personal information from our database, in which case we will make all reasonable efforts to do so, subject to legal and other considerations. In order to stop receiving electronic communications from us, you may unsubscribe to our publications and other communications by following the unsubscribe directions included at the end of each e-mail we send. In addition, you may always contact us about privacy concerns via e-mail at [email protected] If you have registered for an account with SIRUM, you may modify your information by logging on to your account.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT
We comply with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act of 1998 (‘COPPA’). In accordance with COPPA, we do not knowingly collect any personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13. In the event that we determine that a user of this Site is under the age of 13, we will delete any such Personally Identifiable Information from our records. If you are a parent of guardian and discover that your child under the age of 13 has submitted personally identifiable information, then you may alert SIRUM at [email protected] and request that SIRUM delete that child’s personal information from our system.
CHANGES TO THIS POLICY
HOW WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
SIRUM maintains commercially reasonable physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards designed to protect your Personally Identifiable Information. We cannot, however, ensure or warrant the security of any information you transmit to SIRUM, and you do so at your own risk. Once we receive your transmission of information, SIRUM takes commercially reasonable efforts to ensure the security of our systems. However, please note that this is not a guarantee that such information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our physical, technical or managerial safeguards.
If SIRUM learns of a security systems breach, then we may attempt to notify you electronically so that you can take appropriate protective steps. SIRUM may post a notice on the Site if a security breach occurs. Depending on where you live, you may have a legal right to receive notice of a security breach in writing.
SIRUM CONTACT INFORMATION